Sunday, May 30, 2010

First English Blog + Blush Holisim

I have actually been blogging for a while, but have always been typing in Chinese (if you can read Chinese please head to 多喝水 ). A few friends who knows I do beauty blogs have suggested that I start a blog in English, so I am trying that now. Hopefully I can keep this up. I will try to post as often as I do with my Chinese blog. I am still figuring out some of the formats and such with blogspot, so please bear with me, while I am still a newbie. So here goes nothing!
______________________________________________
I am a bit of a blush-holic, I wasn't always a blush-holic, but in recent years I have fallen IN LOVE with NARS blushes. My first blush ever was a NARS deep throat. I purchased it because my friend had recommended it when I asked her what brand of blush to get. She actually suggested MAC and NARS, I wasn't a big fan of MAC back then so I decided to go for NARS. Originally I was deciding between the colours deep throat and orgasm (the most popular colours), and went (obviously) with deep throat. And so started my crazy descend into blush-holism. I currently own 5 NARS blushes, and a few other brands (including MAC).

5 NARS blushes in Deep throat, Angelika, Torrid Dolce Vita, and my newest NARS Mata Hari (obviously the ones with NARS on them)
1 Kevin Beauty Maker in pink (white round one with a bow on top)
1 MAC Ombre blush in Vintage Grape (the pink and purple gradient one in the back)
1 DHC in OR02 (the champagne one up front)
1 Physicians Formula, I have no idea what the colour is called, I got this from a friend (the round one in silver)

Here they are again opened up, and swatches are to follow

Here are some swatches of the blushes

Kevin Beauty Maker one is the more cooler tone pink (on the right), the more orangy one is the Physician's Formula they are both matte
This is the DHC blush, it's very very VERY light orange. from the left to right, it's from the darkest to the lightest, and at the far right it's the mix of colours (if you can even see). It's got a pearly sheen to it, but it's almost un-noticeable on the face. It gives quite a lovely hint of colour to the cheeks.


This one is the MAC, on the left hand side (going vertical) is the purple and pink blended together, the top right is the pink, bottom right is the purple. This is actually a pretty hard blush to use, because every time you mix you get a different shade of pink. Plus I prefer more pink than purple, so it's even harder to get the same tone of pink. Though I still love this blush (it's sooo pretty to look at!)

Here are all my NARS blushes! I love them sooo much! From left to right Deep throat, Torrid, Angelika, Dolce Vita, and Mata Hari. The first three all have glitter, deep throat and torrid's glitters are less obvious though (which I like). Angelika has very obvious glitter, but I love the colour. Dolce vita is matte, and very red, it's not my go to blush for sure. Mata Hari is my current favourite. The pink is slightly redder than angelika, but no glitter (yeh!)
I honestly don't know when and why I started to have a collection of blushes. I use to only buy eye make up (which I also have a huge collection of). When I first started using make up, I thought blushes were the most useless make up item ever! It wasn't until I started using foundation that I realized how important blushes are, even then, I thought one blush would be enough, boy was I wrong. The colour of the blush affects the entire look of your make up (or that's just an excuse for me to buy more blushes! haha). For me, cool pink-toned blushes give a cuter girlier look, and should be paired with lighter eye make up (such as my Mata Hari/Angelika). Darker, red-toned blushes are better paired with more mature make up (such as my Dolce Vita). And warm orange-toned blushes are for a more natural look (such as my deep throat/DHC). That's my take on blushes. I also have an urge to collect all the NARS blushes, but recently I have been introduced to Giorgio Armani, which is apparently better than NARS (but twice as expensive). I have been able to resist purchasing it, but I did touch the blush, and it is sooooo smooth! The GA brand does not have as many colours as NARS, but there are a few that look like NARS, but I think I will stick with my NARS. 28 dollars is more affordable than 50 bucks!

1 comment:

  1. Now I want to buy more blushes! Especially Hata Mari!

    Blush-holism, lol.

    ReplyDelete