Monday, July 19, 2010

Mani Pedi First

For the longest time I've been wanting to try a pedicure. Before my birthday hit, I was thinking about treating myself on my birthday, but forfeited the idea after thinking about it. But a month later my friend messages me and asked me if I knew where to get a pedicure. Now I had already done some research on pedicure places on google, when I was thinking about going. I finally decided on Pure Nail Bar, but in the end didn't go. It was the easiest for me to get to, and the price was acceptable. (Pedi @ $35 and Mani Pedi @ $50). So I told my friend about it, and asked if I could tag along, to avoid the awkwardness of sitting there by myself, having someone touch my feet. My friend decided to opt for the mani pedi combo, because it was only 20 dollars more, so I went alone with it.

Now, normally I wouldn't spend a dime doing a manicure, because I can do that easily myself, and truth be told, I think I did a better job than the girl that did mine for me. Anyways...enough bsing, on with the pictures! I took these with my cell phone, so the quality is lacking a bit (bit it is a 5MP camera though). I only took pictures of the pedicure, because I couldn't hold my phone while getting my manicure done...but I have end results!


so we started off with a soaking first, the water was a bit hotter then lukewarm, and was actually very relaxing, even on a hot summer's day.


and we got to pick our own toe and hand colour. I forgot to take a picture of the colours I picked (actually we both picked the same colours LOL) But you can see it on the end product. The polish we picked were both Essie, and my friend went to get the green bottle on the same day. I liked the green, but could not fork over $10 to buy it. 



Then the lady cleaned my cuticles, and gave me a scrub down


CLEAN FEET! I am fairly self-conscious about my feet, they are so chubby and wide...I hate them without shoes on LOL


Then she gave me the polish.


done feet!


finished product (both hand and feet) my friend did the opposite colour, she had blue on her toes and green on her hand. I really like the green colour, I don't have a colour like that, but my mom said the colours I picked are ugly (I think it's just something she's not use to looking at on nails). I picked blue and green because I dont have colours like that, most of the cheaper nail colours are the normal reds and pinks, even purples have more of a reddish tone purple then any blues or greens. And I am falling in love with the flat nail colours, they are just so much more vibrant!

My finger nails started peeling after 2 days, and I could see bubbles in the polish after she had finished it..not very pleased with that. The toes were fine though, I think it was just that girl who did my hands wasn't as good as the other lady that did my feet. She didn't do a very good job of shaping my nails either. Plus I do a lot of house work, so my hands get soaked in water/chemicals quite a lot. In any case I would never pay for another manicure. Pedicure, maybe.

The total came to $56 after tax, and I did not give any tips, because that was a bit much for my dinky salary. Although I must mention, they were pretty good with hygiene, they opened up a pack of sterile nail clippers and cuticle trimmers for every customer, so no one is sharing germs.

That is all. Until next time live well and shop LOTS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment