Thursday, September 30, 2010

Reformed Ugg lover (kinda)

I'll admit when them Uggs were pretty much on every girl's (and some guys') feet, I was a bit snobbish and thought they were ugly as hell, and wondered why people would pay an arm and a leg for these ugly ass boots. Until I got my feet into one of these heaven like boots, they are seriously like walking on clouds! However, I still don't think they are worth their price tags, so last year I got a pair of fake ones instead. They were $60 and no sheeps were harmed for the making of these boots. They look exactly like Uggs, except that it does not have the Ugg tag in the back (and I don't see why I need to pay 3X as much for that tag)





soon after I got these, the soles wore out. They were exactly the same foamy soles as Uggs, which kind of re-enforced my views that Uggs are not worth their price tags. If I had bought Uggs and this had happened (which it will) I would have been pissed off. So although I understood the comfort of these boots, I resisted in getting a second pair. That is until I found this store in a mall. They are call Flurries. They have Ugg like boots with robber soles instead of the usual foam soles (I don't understand why this is not changed), and the price tag is a bit lower than Uggs. According to their website, the boots are made from real sheep skin and fur. While I feel bad for killing sheeps, it's not like I don't eat lamb (actually I love lamb...). Anyways, These were $180 Canadian after discount (they had a 35% off for their store's grand opening, and the sales lady offered another $5 off, after seeing how indecisive I was haha) After taxes I paid about $200...these are the most expensive shoes I own as of this post, my other pair of boots were $150 pre tax (also on sale), but I suppose it's not that much far off. Enough said..here are some pics.


I love their little sheep logo, it's so adorable :)


don't they look just like Uggs?

closer look at the buttons


so instead of Uggs it's labelled Flurries

So although I still don't get paying so much for Uggs, I love these boots! Until next time live well and shop LOTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment