Friday, June 4, 2010

My goto make up items

Recently I have been sticking to a few make up items. They are really my go-to items, not because I love them, but because they are soooo easy and fast! (and I am majorly lazy! lol)

For base make up I have been reaching for my Leger BB cream. I have recently discovered the amazing and wonderful result that is BB cream. It's extremely easy to apply with decent coverage, and if all those benefits it claims to have are true, it's a wonderful make up item to own. I use about the size of a pea and that's enough to cover my whole face, with a bit left over to strengthen coverage where I need it.

If you don't know what BB creams are: BB stands for Blemish Balm. It originated in Korea (I think) by a dermatologist (that or a plastic surgeon) who deals with patients with facial scars from surgery. He/she wanted to make a skin care item that would be able to help cover those scars while it's healing. So BB cream basically has scar healing powers, is moisturizing, at the same time has good coverage to cover up scars. Nowadays, the more popular BB creams also have whitening and moisturizing properties that attracts more girls (especially Asians). Think of it as a tinted moisturizer, but much creamier in consistency, and has more skin care properties. The only bad thing about BB cream is the colour selection, usually for one brand there's only one colour. This particular Leger one is a bit white on me, I have to apply bronzer to tone it down to my natural skin tone.

For setting the face make up, I use the same brand BB powder. I actually don't like this powder very much. it's very cakey and I am not a fan of the smell (kinda smells like baby powder). But right now it's the only loose powder I have. sometimes I use my too face pressed powder instead, but I want to use this up to free up some space in my make up box.

Here are my other face products. The brown/bronze colour one in the back is my Clinque bronzer in sun kissed. I used to use NARS in Laguna, it's wayy too dark so after I finished it (it was actually before) I got the Clinque. I had used their bronzer and blush duo once before, when I received it as a gift with purchase, and I've liked the colour so this time I got the full size, I really like the colour too :).

The NARS is my newest purchase Mata Hari, and the white round thing with the bow is Kevin Beauty Maker's blush in pink. They are actually pretty similar in colour, but I think NARS is slightly warmer than the BK one.

Here they are again opened up.

On to the more exciting (not really) eye make up. The eyeshadows are used together, the eyeliner is for when I am REALLY lazy (or running late for work). The mascara is the recently beloved Cover Girl Lash Exact (purple tube), and Kiss Me long and curl (red tube). I love both of these mascaras, the CG one has decent lengthening and volumizing abilities, and is easily removed. The KM brand has amazing results (lengthening and volumizing), but sooo freaking hard to remove. Thank goodness for DHC!
Here are the eyeshadows and liner. Liner is Makeup Forever's Aqua Eyes in 2L (brown). The eyeshadows from left to right: stila's kitten, NARS's night breed and MAC's sable. NARS's night breed is seriously my go to eyeshadow. I usually use it as a liner. As you may be able to tell from the picture, I have hit pan on it. It's my very first dark shadow (not overall) but it's the only shadow I have hit pan on.
And here are some pictures of the eye look with the 3 eye shadows and Kiss Me mascara.
It's actually a very nude look, which is what I usually go for when I am on the run. Much easier and faster since I wont have to worry about fall outs and blocky colours.

Here is a closer look of the mascaras. Nothing really interesting haha.
OKAY! DONE! hope that didn't bore too many of ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment