Saturday, June 5, 2010

Top Ten make-up/skin care items I *heart*

I have been unusually keen with blog posting recently. As you can also see I have been mucking around with background templates and what not. I am not really liking blogspot's templates and the fact that I cannot change the background, but I guess I'll get use to it soon enough. On to the topic at hand!

After digging through my mountains of make up and skin care products, I came up with this list of my top ten favs! The list is just personal opinions, so don't get all offended if you hate one of the items I have (lol)

Tenth Place - Too Faced retractable kabuki brush
DSCN1290.jpg
 In tenth place it's my Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush. I have to admit I ordered the brush because I loved the packaging. It was on the expensive side ($33 CND), but totally worth it! The bristles are soooo soft and cruelty free! It can be used for everything (loose/pressed powder, blush, and bronzer). When I travel out or have to stay over night somewhere this is the only brush I bring (to keep my bags lighter). I don't really use it on normal days though, simply because the bristles are so packed and full it's pretty hard to clean, and I think we all know by now that I am super lazy!

Ninth Place - NYX Eyeshadows
NYX collect.JPG
I was too lazy to retake pictures, so these are taken with the jumbo pencils, but I only *heart* their eyeshadows. These are freaking cheap!($6.99 regular price, and I always buy them on sale) The colour pay off is great, and the texture is similar to MAC, but at half the price. Mind you the colour section kind of suck in Canada, and the colours are not as unique as MAC, but it's good enough for me. There's not particular colour that I am in love with, all of the colours looks great!

Eighth Place - My Beauty Diary, Apple Mask
masks.JPG
Again, lazy to take new pictures, I am referring to the green box at the back, please ignore all the other products lol. So on the box it claims to be able to shrink pore size and moisturize the skin. Of all the My Diary masks I have used this is by far my favourite. I love the smell, the moisturizing effects are pretty noticeable, and I have also noted the size of my pores. Now I don't know if that's something psychological but I do think my pores have gotten smaller.

Seventh Place - Clarins Waterproof Eyeliner
Clarins.JPG
Clarins tip.JPG
Once this thing dries, it does not budge AT ALL! The colour shows up great, the only thing not so great is the price ($24CND). I can't really bare to buy another one just because of the price.

Sixth Place - Clinique Bronzer in Sunkissed
Clinique.JPG
Clinique open.JPG
This is the second bronzer that I actually purchased on my own. Usually I just use the ones I get in gift with purchases. The first bronzer I ever got was NARS in Laguna, it was very dark, and I always felt that I was in drag after using it (lol). This bronzer does not give off too much colour, but give a sunkissed look to my face. It helps darken my BB cream (the one I mentioned in my previous post) and allows for more of a natural look (instead of stalk white)

Fifth Place - NARS Single Eyeshadow in Night Breed
NARS - Night Breed
NARS - Night Breed w/ flash
I know I have already talked about an eyeshadow, but this one deserves its own place. This is my first dark eyeshadow, and the reason why I started buying all my darker shade shadows. It's currently the only shadow I have hit pan on. I normally use it for lining the eye, on occasions I would use it as a lid shadow, just look how sparkly it is!!! It's well with it's $26 dollar price tag.  

Fourth Place - Kiss Me Long and Curl Mascara
kiss me tube.JPG
kiss me brush.JPG
I love Love LOVE this mascara. It lengthens, volumizes, AND helps my curls stay in tack! The only thing I don't love Love LOVE about this mascara, is how HARD it is to remove. This was not one of my go to mascaras when I first got it. Although I loved the effect it had, but it was just too much of a pain to remove.

Third Place - Biotherm Age Fitness Night Cream
Biotherm purchase.JPG
Please cut out the concealer on the right side (again lazy to retake pictures XD). After trying out a TON of different night creams (I've tried at lest 8 different department store brands, and countless drugstore brands), Biotherm was the only one that worked for me. The smell is strong for some people, but it's fine for me, I dislike Lancome more. After i started using this cream I always wake up with wonderfully smooth skin, what's even better is that I only need a small amount for the whole face. The jar can last me one year! It is a bit on the pricy side at $62 CND, and is the most I have ever paid for a night cream, but for me, it's well worth the price.

Second Place - NARS Blush
Mata Hari - colour 2
I don't think this warrants an explanation, from my blush-holism post everyone should know I LOOOOOOVEEEEEE NARS blushes. My current favourite one is the newly owned Mata Hari, a very pretty and girly pink. The colour pay of is great, and it's not overly expensive. I sooo want to collect them all (it's my pokemon lol)

Finally~~~ *drum rolls please!* In First Place ~DHC Cleansing Oil
DHC.JPG
Even though I just started using this, I am IN LOVE. It amazing that I can put it on greasy and with one splash of water the greasy feeling is GONE! And it seriously removes EVERYTHING, including my love/hate Kiss Me Mascara. I just CANNOT live without this thing ever again!


And here are some runner ups that didn't make it to the top ten, but I still *heart* them a lot, just a little less than the top ten (lol)

1. MAC Eyeshadows
MAC Collect.JPG
As I have mentioned before, NYX shadows are very very similar to MAC in texture and colour pay off. MAC has more unique colour that look differently in different angles or different lighting. The only reason this didn't make it on to the list is it's price. Mind you MAC shadows, at $17.50CND a pop is pretty low for department store brand, but nothing compared to NYX's $6.99 with constant sales.

2. My Beauty Diary, Red Wine Mask

mask.JPG
This is also a lazy picture, the red one on the very left is the one I am pointing out. The mask is suppose to moisturize and whiten. I can visibly see my face one shade lighter after I remove it. The only thing I didn't love about this mask was the smell. It kind of smells like grape juice that has been left out on the counter for a few hours.

3. Make-up Forever Aqua Liner
MUF.JPG
MUF tip.JPG
This is a tie with the Clarins eyeliner, but I didn't pick it because of the packaging. Clarins just looks so much more high end. Although I have more of the Make-up Forever liner (3).

4. Ardell Faux Lashes #124
Ardell 124-01 Ardell 124-02 Ardell 124-03 Ardell 124-04
Lastly is an item that I no longer own (had to throw it away). These particular pair are sooo natural looking, but it still has enough exaggeration to give a not overly done dramatic affect. I would like to buy a few more pairs of it, but I am scared that it'll give me rashes on my eyelid again (I had an allergic reaction to faux lashes, but not the Ardell brand).

No comments:

Post a Comment