Sunday, October 31, 2010

In the spirit of Halloween

Normally I'd be lazy and post this up weeks (or months) after I took pictures of it, but since it goes along with Halloween (today), I was not lazy for once and decided I will post it right now. And surprisingly while I am still wearing this set of nails haha. The Christmas nails got ruined (I scratched off part of the polish on the thumb and dented another finger by accident)...and me being some what of a compulsive neat freak, I decided to take that off and do a new one. I was thinking of using other colours, and decided to go with black and pink, and then thought the colour went with Halloween, so I pulled out a Halloween konad plate and konaded the nails too. I was hoping more of the skull showed up...but I guess there's not enough black space for me to stamp on the whole image.

What was used:
black - Rimmel Wear 10 in Black Satin
pink - Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in I Pink I can
white - Winmax Nail Art in White (got it at Daiso)

for base coat I used 1 layer of Sally Hansen Maximum growth and 1 layer of Sally Hansen Age Correct No Chip Base + Top coat. For top coat I used Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.

Konad - image plate m13

Left hand:



right hand:


I am not very good at picture taking with my left hand so I only took one photo. This nail took me a LOOONG while to do. What was particularly hard was the pink and white edge lines, I used a nail brush, but it was still really hard to keep it steady, and it sucks even more that I can't do it in one pass (for the pink lines). And this was also a bitch to dry, because it was a total of 5 coats on all the fingers except for the ring finger (that was 7 coats)I hope this one lasts a while, cuz I actually like the this one :) I love the colour combo.

That's it for today, Happy |Halloween everyone :) Until next time live well and shop LOTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment