Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Splash of Grenadine

I know I know, I promise I would continue on with the mascara posts after this nail blog. I am just so excited by the colour that I must share with everyone (at lest the people that read my blog)

So after mauling over this Essie polish for months and months, my friend got sick of me telling her how pretty the colour is and how I cannot find a dub for it and told me to just buy it. At $9.50 a pop my wallet was bleeding after I purchased this (along with the $12 Matte about you top coat, also Essie). But I honestly could not find anything that's even remotely similar. I am not sure how to describe this colour, it's a mix of pink and purple, leaning maybe towards the pink more so than the purple. I am normally not attracted to pink, bright nail polishes, but for whatever reason this one just caught my eye, and I had to have it.

here I put the Matte about you top coat on the ring and pinky finger.


closer look. I like how the matte polish looks, this is my first try with matte polishes, it always intrigued me. I was contemplating if I should get the matte top coat or a matte colour polish (Nicole by OPI came out with a collection, I know OPI also has a suede collection, but I've never seen them). I ended up getting the top coat, because than I can turn all my polishes matte!


this is a blurry picture, but you can see the more obvious difference between the glossy fingers and the matte fingers (it was taken without flash and under yellow light, that's why the picture is so yellow)


and of course I had to do some konading. I've applied the matte top coat to all the fingers. This is the zebra print from plate m57


closer look. I was going for the not too obvious look, so I went with a light pink, that kind of shows up and kind of not. I was hoping the glossy-ness of the stamp polish would have more contrast than this, but I guess it didn't turn out half bad.

and yes there are 2 different pinks in there. The lighter one (index) is L'oreal's "Chicklette" and the darker one is Sally Hansen's "I Pink I Can"

And if you are wondering, yes my nail polish collection has grew unexpectedly, the container I store them in is running out of room...

That's it for now. I promise I will get the mascara posts up as soon as possible. School has started and the work load this semester is a bit heavier than I anticipated, plus one of the teachers doesn't like giving detail instruction, which forces me to guess what the hell she wants (which stresses me out even more). Anyways! Until next time, live well and shop LOTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment